Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January 11-15

January 11, 2012
And this was one of those days where I completely forgot that I needed to take a picture until I was nearly home. There is a hotel next door to my condo and until I moved into this building, I was unaware that this building existed even though I have lived in this neighborhood for 5 years. I regularly see people coming and going from this hotel but it is in an odd place so I have often wondered who stayed there. One night, after a very frustrating date (another story for another time), I stopped over at a local bar for a glass on wine before heading home... I mean, I had to get some time out of my makeup and hair. I was sitting at the bar, watching a hockey game, and started to speak to a very nice British business man. We chatted for a couple hours and when it was time to leave, I found out he was staying at the hotel next to my building. So apparently, business men doing their thing in Lakeview stay at this hotel.

Now that the tangent is over... the picture. 
The Shield above the hotel
January 12, 2012
Usually in Chicago it snows in November, several times in December, and by January we are sick of it. This winter has been quite unusual and we didn't get anything more than a couple dustings until the second week of January.
Watching the snow

Why is it coming down so hard!

January 13, 2012
After a very long, stressful week, what better way to unwind than with a Maker's Mark Manhattan and conversation with good friends
Love the presentation: 676 Bar

Delicious Desserts
January 14, 2012
Tina's baby shower, aka, my first pancake! It was a success. If you do not get the reference, you clearly do not watch Gilmore Girls.
The theme was unintentionally gold
Adorable
The Activity
January 15, 2012
Thanks to Martin, I was able to see Buddy Guy! The concert was pretty amazing. For a man of 75, he has more energy than I do. 



No comments: